Norfolk: Woman dies in house fire
An elderly woman has died following a house fire near Diss.
The fire happened at about 11.50pm last night at a property in Church Lane, Old Buckenham.
Firefighters rescued the woman from the property but she later died in hospital.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said: “The elderly female resident, aged in her 80s, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital for treatment but sadly died as a result of the incident.
“Residents from a neighbouring property were evacuated as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
“The incident is not being treated as suspicious and police and fire investigators will return to the address later this morning to establish the cause of the fire.”
Fire crews from Attleborough, East Harling and Wymondham attended the scene, and firefighters were at the property until nearly 3am.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm