North Street Tavern in Sudbury set to reopen
- Credit: Archant
A community pub in Sudbury is set to reopen next month under new managers following a major £112k refurbishment.
Husband and wife team Peter and Jo Edwards will be reopening The North Street Tavern in Sudbury.
The couple have managed several pubs in London, Hertfordshire and Essex - including the White Hart pub in Brentwood which later became the well-known Sugar Hut nightclub, popular with the TOWIE cast.
Now they are looking forward to making North Street Tavern in their home town of Sudbury a success, with the reopening taking place on Friday, March 6.
Mrs Edwards, who has lived in Sudbury for more than 20 years, said: "The pub industry has always been part of our lives and we absolutely love Sudbury - we raised our son here and we wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
You may also want to watch:
"We're delighted to be taking over the North Street Tavern. We know we have large shoes to fill but we can't wait to put our experience to good use.
"We'll be making some changes, but we'd like to reassure regulars that the North Street Tavern will always be the traditional community pub that they know and love."
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 3 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 4 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 7 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 8 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 9 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 10 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
Owned by pub operator Hawthorn Leisure, who own over 700 pubs across the UK, the community bar has seen an extensive refit including an interior overhaul and a wheelchair-accessible renovated garden area.
Hawthorn Leisure managing director of operations Mark McGinty said: "We want the North Street Tavern to be a thriving hub in the community, and with Peter and Jo's knowledge of the local area and their overall experience in the industry, we're certain it will be a huge success.
"We've modernised the pub to make it more of a destination on the high street in Sudbury, but at its heart, the North Street Tavern will always be a traditional community pub."
Opening weekend will see the pub introduce food stalls in the garden area, with American-style food on Friday, Mexican on Saturday and Yorkshire wraps on Sunday while on the Facebook page, followers are being given the opportunity to win a bar tab worth £25.
To view the Facebook page, see here.