Norwich/Battisford: Clive Howard appears in court over rape charge
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk man has appeared in court after being charged with rape following an incident in Norwich.
At some point between just after midnight and 12.30am on Friday, May 30 a woman in her 20s was attacked in the St Helen’s Wharf car park near to the Adam and Eve pub.
Clive Howard, 56, of Mill Road, Battisford, has been charged with rape and appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court today.
Wearing a light-coloured suit with white shirt which had unbuttoned collar, he spoke only to confirm his name and address during the short hearing.
The case was sent to Norwich Crown Court on June 16 at 9.30am.
You may also want to watch:
The defendant was remanded in custody.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 3 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 4 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 8 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 9 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 10 Hospital waives car parking charges for 'those who need it most'