Norwich City: When open-top bus parades go wrong
- Credit: Archant
All aboard the Norwich promotion bus... or not – it broke down earlier today.
Norwich City players were forced to get off the bus – and even tried pushing it – as their promotion parade temporarily came to an unexpected halt.
The team had planned to tour the city on an open-top yellow bus with “We are Premier League” emblazoned on its side, but instead had to complete their journey on a red tourist bus replacement.
The club tweeted a video of two players trying to push the bus with the caption “We may have had some slight bus issues” - they had previously tweeted a video referring to it as a “beauty”.
It is not currently known what caused the mechanical hiccup.
You may also want to watch:
The incident has distant echoes of the film Mike Bassett: England Manager, when the Norwich open-top bus parade – after winning the fictional Mr Clutch Cup – took a wrong turn onto the A11.
- 1 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 2 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening
- 3 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 5 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 7 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 8 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 9 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 10 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge