Norwich: Police appeal after ‘Oompa-Loompa’ assault
DETECTIVES are hunting two men dressed as Oompa-Loompas who were responsible for a city centre assault.
Norfolk Police said a 28-year-old man was left with cuts to his face, nose and lip, as well as two black eyes, after being confronted by the fictional factory workers as he left a kebab house in Norwich.
The Oompa-Loompas, accompanied by a man and a woman who were not wearing fancy dress, attacked the victim in the early hours of Thursday on Prince of Wales Road.
A spokesman for Norfolk Constabulary said: “Police are seeking a group of four people, two of whom were dressed as Oompa-Loompas, who attacked a male on a night-out.
“Two of the males were dressed as Oompa-Loompas from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with painted orange faces and dyed green hair and were wearing hooped tops.”
The spokesman added: “One of the males in the group then pushed the victim to the floor before he got up.
“He was then hit on the head, fell to the floor and hit again.”
- 1 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 4 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 5 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 6 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 7 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 8 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
- 9 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 10 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has knowledge of it should contact Pc Hollie Fisher at Bethel Street police station on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111