Were you at the Grundisburgh Carnival in 1989?
- Credit: Archant
Over the summer months our photographers spend their weekends visiting village fetes, raft races and carnivals, capturing communities coming together to stage these colourful events.
On what looks to have been a bright summer’s day in 1989 villagers gathered together to watch the floats pass through Grundisburgh as it hosted the annual carnival.
Carnival regalia was varied with everything from tin foil to washing being used to decorate the floats.
Another key element of the carnival appears to have been the costumes worn by those taking part.
Younger participants dressed up as mice with older children taking on the role of the fearsome pupils of St Trinians.
You may also want to watch:
Some floats took historical themes, depicting a moment from our historical past.
The pictures pose two questions - what was the thinking behind the float with the washing line and was the flying contraption able to take to the skies?
- 1 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 2 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 3 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 4 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 8 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 9 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 10 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
Answers on a postcard please!