Days Gone By: When the Royals visited Suffolk
- Credit: Ian Hulland
Over the years, many senior members of the Royal family have visited places in Suffolk, such as Lowestoft, Mildenhall and Ipswich.
Huge crowds were drawn to Lowestoft in 1985 when Queen Elizabeth II came to town with Prince Philip by her side, with people lining the pavements outside Woolworths.
RAF Mildenhall turned out in full force to see Prince Charles visit in 1982, just a year after his wedding to Lady Diana Spencer.
The Princess of Wales made her own appearance in Suffolk in 1986, attending the Suffolk Show in an open-top Land Rover.
Her son, Prince Harry, made the same trip to the showground many years later and was pictured at a meet and greet with some prize cows. He also entertained schoolchildren.
You may also want to watch:
Pupils at Ipswich School met Prince Philip in the summer of 1973, with hundreds turning up to greet him in the sun.
If these photos bring back memories, email email@example.com
To order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 7 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 10 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies