Days Gone By - are you in our gallery of summer fetes over the years?
- Credit: Archant
It's summertime, which means the return of annual fetes - are you pictured in our gallery of events from years gone by?
Fetes are often a place for communities to get together and celebrate.
With many having been cancelled over the past year due to the coronavirus crisis, those going ahead in 2021 are perhaps more valued than ever this year.
Our gallery shows crowds of people at Newmarket's fete in 1968, with clowns pictured entertaining children.
Friends were photographed enjoying themselves at the Mildenhall air show in 1982, which was once the biggest of its kind in Europe.
You may also want to watch:
Sadly, it never returned after 2001 following increasing security concerns following the September 11 terrorist attacks.
Families were also pictured at the Hadleigh Conservative fete in 1950, enjoying themselves in front of the carnival marquee - with the mother and baby competition proving popular.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
It is hoped that with Covid restrictions easing on July 1, more larger scale events will be able to resume.
Do these photos bring back any memories? Email email@example.com if you have any more information.
To order photos, visit our website or call Diane Townsend on 01603 772449.