Under-fire mental health trust’s medical director steps down
- Credit: Keith Whitmore
The medical director at the region’s mental health trust is stepping down from his position.
Bohdan Solomka, who was appointed in 2015, will no longer serve on the Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust's board.
No reason has been given for his stepping down, but he will continue to work at the trust in a clinical position.
Announcing the news, NSFT chair Marie Gabriel said he may be stepping down from the board - but the trust "isn't losing him altogether".
Chief executive Jonathan Warren paid tribute to his colleague, and added: "(Bohdan) has been a joy to have around during my short tenure here of seven to eight months.
You may also want to watch:
"At times he has been the voice of reason, and he is a kind, decent and honourable man.
"I am so pleased that he is staying on and patients will benefit from his clinical practice."
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 4 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 5 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 6 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 7 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 8 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 9 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 10 Man seen waving axe on horseback is jailed