Man arrested for allegedly being drunk and in-charge of lorry
- Credit: Simon Parker
A male has been taken into custody after he was allegedly found drunk and in-charge of a lorry which weighs 44 tonnes.
Police were made aware of the alleged drink-driver after being alerted by a passer-by on the roads on Christmas Day.
The Norfolk and Suffolk's Roads and Armed Policing team tweeted about the arrest at 6.21pm.
The tweet read: "Male arrested for being drunk and in-charge of his 44tonne lorry following a call from a member of public.
"Male currently in custody waiting for an interview after providing an evidential breath specimen of 72ugs."
The legal breath reading limit is 35ugs - meaning the man was alledgedly double the legal limit.
- 1 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 2 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 6 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 7 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 8 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 9 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 10 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk ahead of Storm Barra's arrival