Man arrested for allegedly being drunk and in-charge of lorry
- Credit: Simon Parker
A male has been taken into custody after he was allegedly found drunk and in-charge of a lorry which weighs 44 tonnes.
Police were made aware of the alleged drink-driver after being alerted by a passer-by on the roads on Christmas Day.
The Norfolk and Suffolk's Roads and Armed Policing team tweeted about the arrest at 6.21pm.
The tweet read: "Male arrested for being drunk and in-charge of his 44tonne lorry following a call from a member of public.
"Male currently in custody waiting for an interview after providing an evidential breath specimen of 72ugs."
You may also want to watch:
The legal breath reading limit is 35ugs - meaning the man was alledgedly double the legal limit.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop