Suffolk nurse’s wonderful hat creation turns heads at Royal Ascot
- Credit: PA
Royal Ascot racegoers galloped past the winning post in the fashion stakes as Ladies’ Day saw a sea of weird and wonderful hats – including one from a Suffolk nurse.
Nothing was too outlandish for some of the female guests, who wore everything from jungle scenes to bottles of champagne and even a lobster on their heads.
Lindsay Anderson, 57, had onlookers doing a double take with her champagne-themed top hat complete with a horse jumping over the brim and two champagne flutes.
The senior staff nurse, who works at West Suffolk Hospital, said: “I found all the little bits and pieces yesterday and put them together last night.
“I’ve got Frankie Dettori jumping out of a bottle of champagne, it’s really a model of Lester Piggott but don’t tell anyone.
You may also want to watch:
“The string of pearls coming out of the top are bubbles - it’s just a bit of fun.”
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 4 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 9 Matchday Live: Bonne's at it again as Blues take another early lead
- 10 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan