Oakes takes over at Peterborough
PETER Oakes is the new head of Peterborough Speedway and will run the club as Director of Speedway on behalf of owner Rick Frost.He was introduced to a packed audience at Peterborough's end of season dinner dance for the first time and gave a short speech before the evenings proceedings commenced.
PETER Oakes is the new head of Peterborough Speedway and will run the club as Director of Speedway on behalf of owner Rick Frost.
He was introduced to a packed audience at Peterborough's end of season dinner dance for the first time and gave a short speech before the evenings proceedings commenced.
Peter explained that his role will be to run the club for Rick Frost and in conjunction with staff that are already in place. He will be bringing in fresh ideas on the presentation side and he will be looking at improving attendances amongst other things.
Peter who lives locally just outside Peterborough is no stranger to the Showground having been the Peterborough promoter between 1992 and 1998, he enjoyed considerable success during that period including 2 League Championships and a Team KO title in addition to other trophies and has enjoyed considerable success with Coventry in recent years which has seen the Bees win 6 major trophies whilst he was team manager.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Oakes said: “I will be looking to add a more complete entertainment package and we have discussed and we will be exploring new ideas. I will in conjunction with Rick Frost and Team Manager Trevor Swales be putting together next year's team although I don't officially start in the role until December 1st”.
“It's an exciting challenge for me and one I am really looking forward to, we spent hours talking over ideas and we both want to improve things for the benefit of Peterborough and its supporters”.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 4 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 7 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 8 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 9 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents
- 10 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
Owner Rick Frost said: “I was very pleased when Peter expressed interest in working with me, he has extensive knowledge and experience at this level and he is undoubtedly going to help build this club up, we are now busy discussing future plans and planning for next year.”