OAP home in blaze drama

AN elderly man was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at sheltered accommodation in Weeley, near Clacton.

AN elderly man was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at sheltered accommodation in Weeley, near Clacton.

The 90-year-old was initially treated by fire crews before being left in the care of ambulance paramedics after the blaze at Kate Daniels House in Hilltop Crescent.

The fire broke out at about 7.25pm tonight and crews from Clacton and Weeley attended.

The man's flat was heavily smoke logged in the incident. His condition was not thought to be serious.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus