OAP sexually assaulted in copse
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses after a man in his 70s said he was sexually assaulted in a copse by three men.The incident happened in Gazeley, near Newmarket, and the pensioner needed treatment at West Suffolk Hospital for minor injuries following the assault.
DETECTIVES are appealing for witnesses after a man in his 70s said he was sexually assaulted in a copse by three men.
The incident happened in Gazeley, near Newmarket, and the pensioner needed treatment at West Suffolk Hospital for minor injuries following the assault.
It happened between 5.45am and 6.30am on Friday when he was walking along a green opposite Tithe Close and he became aware of a man nearby.
He was approached by the man who asked him the time – but he then became aware of two other people in the area and was dragged by the original man into a nearby copse.
You may also want to watch:
He was then sexually assaulted by the three offenders who then left the scene after a matter of minutes.
Last night, Superintendent Paul Marshall, of Suffolk police, said: "The victim of this assault has been left shaken by the ordeal.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
"Regardless of if you think you have information relating to this offence we would like to hear from you if you were in the area of Tithe Close in Gazeley between 5am and 7am.
"Perhaps you were taking an early morning walk and spotted three people acting suspiciously in the area or an elderly man walking? You may have been making your way to work and were driving through the area?
"Whatever the circumstances, we need to talk to as many people as possible who were in the area so we can ascertain the circumstances concerning this offence."
The first offender is described as white, approximately 5ft 10inches tall, between 18 and 22 years old, of proportionate build, with dark brown or black average length hair.
He had a slightly spotty complexion and was wearing a denim blue jacket or long sleeve shirt and scruffy blue denim jeans. He was also wearing a multi-coloured woollen band on his left wrist.
There is no description of the other people involved in the assault.
Anyone who wishes to talk to an officer should contact Suffolk police on 01284 774100 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.