Bike enthusiast Marley given fitting escort on his final journey
- Credit: CHARLOTTE BOND
A Suffolk motorbike enthusiast was given a roaring send off when bikers turned up for a ‘ride out’ prior to his funeral.
The powerful superbikes followed the hearse of Hadleigh man Marley Kline, 18, to his funeral service at St Mary’s Church in Hadleigh on Wednesday.
The procession was organised by his good friend Tommy Parson as a fitting tribute to the Mx Motocross fanatic, who died following a collision on the A120 on March 27.
Starting from R Gwinnell and Sons funeral directors in Hadleigh High Street, the convoy followed round to the church to hear the service, before setting off on a wider trip around Hadleigh, Sudbury and Ipswich.
Earlier this month, Mr Parson spoke about how he had become friends with Marley through their shared love of bikes shortly after he moved to Hadleigh from Ipswich.
He said: “From a very young age, he got into MX Motocross. He had always been involved with motocross and his family are big biker people. For most of his life, he was obsessed with motocross.”
Describing the impact of Marley’s death while riding a quad bike at Great Bromley, he said: “It has been absolutely shattering. When I first moved up here, he was one of the first people I met and I have got to know quite a few people because of him.
- 1 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 2 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 3 Man identified after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
- 4 Andy Warren: Why keeping Sam Morsy is vital for Ipswich Town
- 5 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 6 'It makes you want to cry' - anger as bench dumped in pond at country park
- 7 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 8 Girl, 12, injured after having foot run over by driver
- 9 Suffolk celebrates! Full list of county's 185 street parties for the Queen's jubilee
- 10 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
“I have not felt the best since I heard the news of his death, to be honest. It has been hard.”
The accident happened on the Colchester-bound carriageway at 12.30pm.