Object believed to be large stone thrown at BMW on A120 from A137 Colchester Road bridge
An object believed to have been a large stone was thrown at a car travelling on the A120 in near Ardleigh, Essex Police has said.
A 60-year-old woman was driving a BMW X5 in the Clacton direction, close to Fox Street near Ardleigh, at about 10.15am yesterday. As she drove under the A137 Colchester Road bridge, an object, believed to be a large stone, struck the windscreen, causing damage.
The driver saw a group of three or four youths on the bridge at the time, a force spokesman said.
To help police, call 101.
Essex Police full statement
You may also want to watch:
We are appealing for witnesses after reports an object was thrown at a car on the A120.
A 60-year-old woman was driving BMW X5 in the Clacton direction close to Fox Street, near Ardleigh, at about 10.15am yesterday, Monday October 9.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 7 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 10 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
As she drove under the A137 Colchester Road bridge, an object, believed to be a large stone, struck the windscreen, causing damage.
The driver saw a group of three or four youths on the bridge at the time.
Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to call Stanway roads policing unit on 101 or report online at www.essex.police.uk/do-it-online