Off-duty police officer injured in Clacton incident
Witnesses are being sought after an off-duty police officer suffered a serious back injury while trying to arrest two boys in Clacton.
Police received reports that two people had stolen from Home Bargains, in Stephenson Road, at around 1.30pm on Tuesday, June 26.
An off duty police officer responded to the incident involving two teenagers but fell while trying to detain them.
An Essex police spokeswoman said: “He is in a stable condition in hospital, where he remains receiving care.”
Officers attended the scene and following investigations arrested two boys, aged 13 and 15, at around 4.10pm the same day.
You may also want to watch:
The pair have since been released on police bail until Wednesday, July 18.
Anyone with information or dash cam footage is asked to call Sgt Lisa Norcott at Clacton police station on 101 quoting crime reference 42/90279/18 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 6 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 7 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
- 8 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 9 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 10 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results