Officers cut free as police car involved in crash in Colchester
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Two police officers have had to be cut free from their car after a crash in Colchester.
Emergency services were called to Lexden Road at 2.40pm.
The crash involved a police car and a black Audi A4, and happened between West Lodge Road and Sussex Road.
It is unknown at this time whether the police car was involved in a chase, or the extent of the injuries.
Two fire crews from Colchester released the trapped police officers by 3.56pm.
Police said the incident was ongoing, and the road was closed for investigation.
It is expected to be closed until at least 6pm.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 9 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town