Officers investigating Lawford death appeal for help in identifying man who knocked on doors
- Credit: Archant
John Comer died in hospital on December 1, having suffered injuries to his chest and stomach.
Officers investigation the death of a man in Lawford in Manningtree earlier this month are appealing to the public for help.
Essex Police are trying to identify a man who was knocking on doors in the area and a bicycle.
John Comer, 46, was found with injuries to his chest and stomach in Barker Close at around 5.15am on December 1.
He was taken to hospital but died from his injuries.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesperson said: “As part of our enquiries we’ve established a man with a bicycle was knocking on doors in the Wignall Stree/Long Road area of Manningtree at around 2.50am on December 1 asking for directions.
“The man was riding a bicycle and as part of our enquiries we have recovered a red Rayleigh Fire-fly bicycle which we suspect may have been stolen from around the Wignall Street, Long Road, area.”
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
Police are asking anyone who had someone knock on their door or who recognises the bike to come forward and contact the Stanway Major Investigation Team on 01206 576845 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A 44-year-old man has been charged with murder and is due in court in February.