Oil spread out on A12 near Wickham Market after lorry and van crash
- Credit: Su Anderson
A lorry and van crashed on the A12 near Wickham Market after a blow-out tyre puncture.
Police were called to the road in the Ipswich direction at about 12.15pm.
A force spokesman said debris and oil would need to cleared from the carriageway which was spread over 50 metres. “There are not thought to be any injuries, the ambulance and fire services were stood down,” she said.
“It looks as though one of the vehicles has gone into the back of the other following a blowout.”
One lane of the road has been blocked.
You may also want to watch:
Highways workers arrived at 2pm and the road was cleared shortly after.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam