Police increase patrols as teenager raped near park
- Credit: Archant
Police are increasing patrols in an area of Colchester after a teenager was raped in the early hours of the morning.
Police received reports the male teenager had been raped in Old Heath Road, close to the recreation ground, around 2.30am on Wednesday, July 8.
Officers from Essex Police have been at the scene for much of the day as they began an investigation.
A police spokeswoman said the force will be carrying out extra patrols and inquiries in the area as a result of the attack.
A description of the alleged attacker is yet to be released by police.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information which could help police with their inquiries should contact them on 101, quoting incident 82 of July 8.
Alternatively, information can be supplied anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 7 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 10 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move