Old Newton: Motorcyclist suffers suspected broken pelvis in Stowmarket Road ditch smash
A MOTORCYCLIST suffered a suspected broken pelvis after crashing into a Suffolk ditch.
The single-vehicle smash happened in Stowmarket Road, Old Newton, around 8pm on Monday.
Police said the man was found face down in the ditch and trapped by his machine.
Fire crews from Needham Market, Elmswell and Stowmarket were scrambled to free the motorcyclist.
Ambulance crews and medics from the Suffolk Accident Rescue Service (SARS) – a medical charity providing specially trained doctors and critical care paramedics to assist the East of England Ambulance Service Trust – were called to the scene to treat the 44-year-old casualty.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for SARS said after administering treatment at the scene, paramedics took the man to Ipswich Hospital with suspected serious injuries to his shoulder and pelvis.
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse