Old Station Road in Mendlesham closed as electrical cable pulls on a building wall
A road was closed in Mendlesham this evening because of fears around an unstable building.
Old Station Road was shut because an electric cable was pulling at the gable wall of a building in the road.
Uk Power Networks went to the scene to deal with the issue, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
A spokesman for UKPN said they were first on scene at 5.15pm when it was decided linesmen were required.
They arrived at 7.10pm and put barriers up around the area because the situation was deemed potentially dangerous, the spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
Only the building attached to the cable, the St Joseph’s Centre, had its power switched off and it is not thought to be in danger of collapsing.
At 9pm the UKPN spokesman said its staff had left the scene having disconnected the cable.
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 5 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 7 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 8 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
He said the wall would need to be repaired before it could be reattached.
No other buildings have been affected.