Dear Darlin', I'm coming to Colchester! Olly Murs confirms Castle Park gig
- Credit: PA
Fans hearts skipped a beat as popstar Olly Murs confirmed that his 2021 concert at Colchester's Castle Park will go ahead.
Many stars have been forced to cancel shows in 2021 because of the coronavirus pandemic, with Murs himself having the rearrange a number of performances.
However, with case numbers falling and the vaccine roll-out progressing at pace, the Essex singer says the show in his home town will go ahead as planned on Sunday, August 29.
Also in Murs' Army of Two will be Mark Wright, who will perform a live DJ set.
“I'm just so happy I still get to go on tour across the UK this summer after the year we've had,” said the former X Factor star and Troublemaker singer.
You may also want to watch:
"We've worked hard to put on as many shows as we can this year and next, and I can't wait to get back out and bring some positivity and fun on stage to my fans.
"The thought of performing with my band, working with my crew, and seeing my fans is getting me through lockdown, so roll on the summer!”
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 5 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 9 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game
- 10 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
Theresa Higgins, Colchester Borough Council's portfolio holder for commercial services, said: “We’re absolutely thrilled that Olly has confirmed that his concert in Castle Park will go ahead as planned, in August, to headline our summer events programme.
“To have Olly playing Castle Park is a great endorsement of the venue and the facilities we offer, as Colchester continues to cement its reputation for attracting top performers and acts touring the UK.
“This is a fantastic opportunity for fans in Colchester to enjoy a spectacular concert so close to home.
"I’m sure Olly will draw huge crowds, and we look forward to giving him a warm welcome this summer.”
Liz Doogan-Hobbs MBE, chief executive of Grandslam Live Ltd, said: “We are delighted to confirm that we will be bringing another huge concert to Colchester Castle Park this summer.
"It’s been such a tough year for everyone with no live events being able to take place and we know that Olly will put on a great show.
"It will be one epic party bank holiday weekend."
Full ticket information is available at www.ollymurs.com