Olympics: Fleur’s chance encounter with ceremony supremo Danny Boyle
A FATHER and daughter sat just four seats away from director Danny Boyle and metres from sprinter Usain Bolt as he competed in the 200m Olympic semi-final.
Graeme Keeble, who runs Keeble’s Garage at Bramford, took 12-year-old Fleur to the Olympic Stadium on Wednesday and said it was the “experience of a lifetime”.
Mr Keeble, 53, who had front-row tickets, said: “We were metres from Usain Bolt and he came across as such a nice fellow, laughing and joking with everyone.
“I’ve been to football around the world and the organisers have got it so right here. You couldn’t fault anything.
“One of the best parts of the evening was being sat four seats away from Danny Boyle and his partner. They were fabulously obliging with everyone who asked for his autograph and picture.
You may also want to watch:
“He smiled the whole way through and the Olympic steward said he could have sat in the VIP area but he wanted to sit and enjoy the atmosphere with the rest of the crowd, joining in with the Mexican wave and all the screaming and shouting.
“The atmosphere was quite electrifying and the organisation was unbelievable.”
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 9 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 10 Audi and Jaguar crash into central reservation on A12 at Copdock