One dead and two injured during crash in Freebournes Road, Witham
A car passenger has died during a collision with a stationary HGV trailer in Witham.
Two others are in hospital following the crash in Freebournes Road at the junction with Stepfield at around 1.15am.
The front seat passenger of the silver Audi A4 died at the scene. He is believed to be aged in his 20s or 30s and comes from the Chelmsford area.
The two other people in the vehicle, also men aged in their 20s and 30s, were injured and taken to hospital.
The East of England Ambulance Service received a call at 1.16am to a report of a road traffic collision.
You may also want to watch:
It sent three ambulance crews, an ambulance officer, the hazardous area response team and the London Air Ambulance to the scene.
An ambulance spokesman said one patient was dead when medics arrived and two others were given treatment at the scene.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 5 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 6 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 7 'It could have been a lot worse' - Thatched home owner thanks crews after fire
- 8 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 9 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
Two men were taken by land ambulance to Broomfield Hospital, where they remain this morning.
One of the patients had a head injury and the other had a suspected broken arm, the spokesman added.
Both of the men are not believed to have suffered life-threatening injuries.
The road was closed while investigation work took place and reopened at 9.30am.
Anyone who witnessed the collision should contact the Serious Collision Unit at Essex Police on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org