One dead following crash in Essex
A PERSON has died following a road crash near Tiptree last night.Firefighters from Tiptree, Coggeshall and Colchester were called to the scene on the B1020 near Layer Marney at 10pm and helped to release three trapped people.
A YOUNG man has died following a road crash near Tiptree in Essex last night.
The collision between a silver Vauxhall Corsa and a white Ford Escort happened on the B1022, near to the junction of Haynes Green Road, at 10pm.
Firefighters from Tiptree, Coggeshall and Colchester helped to release three trapped people. The front seat passenger of the Escort, 23-year-old Ben Stevens from Great Horkesley, was certified dead at the scene.
The driver of the Escort, a 29-year-old man, was taken to Colchester Hospital with serious head, facial and pelvic injuries and is in a stable condition. He was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and is now on bail.
You may also want to watch:
A 45-year-old woman, who was driving the Corsa, sustained minor injuries and was released from hospital today.
The road was closed for four hours while an investigation was conducted and debris was cleared.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
If you saw the accident and can help police with their enquiries, call Stanway Road Policing Unit on 01206 762512.