Lorry breaks down on A140 blocking one lane
- Credit: Archant
There are delays on the A140 this afternoon after a lorry broke down.
The HGV is experiencing tyre problems and one lane is shut northbound as a result of the breakdown.
Drivers are facing disruption between the road's junctions for Brome and Castleton Way.
Recovery has been arranged for the vehicle with a tyre company expected to attend within the next hour.
A police spokesman said: "We were called to reports of a broken down lorry on the A140 at 2.25pm.
You may also want to watch:
"We are hoping to get the vehicle moving again soon but one lane is shut and motorists may face some disruption in the area."
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 6 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 Two arrested after man dies in crash