One of Bury St Edmunds’ oldest residents celebrates 104th birthday
- Credit: Andy Abbott
One of Bury St Edmunds’ oldest residents celebrated her 104th birthday at a church Christmas lunch in the town.
Gladys Cummings was born in Maynewater Lane in Bury in 1913, and celebrated her special milestone at the Christmas lunch of the Ladies Afternoon Fellowship.
Gladys attends the fellowship at Garland Street Baptist Church and has lived and worked in Bury St Edmunds all her life.
The sprightly birthday girl, who lives at Oxlip House care home on the Moreton Hall, still enjoys walking as well as a good game of dominoes.
Gladys has five nieces and four nephews.
You may also want to watch:
Oxlip House opened in October 2010 and is run by the Orders of St John Care Trust (OSJCT).
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 8 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 9 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 10 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk