Man airlifted to hospital after serious collision on A14 at Rougham
- Credit: Archant
A man was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital via air ambulance following a serious crash on the A14 at Rougham.
Police were called to the scene at 1.10pm today following reports of a serious road traffic collision on the westbound carriageway between J46 at Thurston and J47 at Woolpit.
A spokesperson for Suffolk police said the collision involved a lorry and a man. It is not yet clear whether the man was on foot or in a vehicle.
The westbound carriageway between Woolpit and Haughley was closed, and traffic diverted towards Woolpit.
The eastbound carriageway was also closed for a short time.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said the road had been reopened at 7.15pm
Both highways and ambulance services were called to the scene.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 6 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 7 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 8 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 9 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 10 Incoming Town CEO Ashton 'set to poach Bristol City head of football operations' - report
There are no reports of any further injuries.