Oh yes they did! Hopefuls audition for Snow White panto role in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Aspiring actors auditioned in the hope of landing the role of a lifetime alongside Stevi Ritchie and Atomic Kitten’s Natasha Hamilton in this year’s pantomime at the Ipswich Regent.
It was announced earlier this month that the lead in Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs would be decided at an open audition held at the theatre.
Yesterday budding young actors braved the stage in the hope of getting the part.
Performing in front of a panel made up of former X Factor star Stevi Ritchie, Matt Pagan and producer Guy Pascall, amongst others.
The girls read lines, sang and put in their best bid to take the role of the fabled princess who will perform alongside Atomic Kitten’s Natasha Hamilton.
Mr Pascall said: “It’s a fantastic production and an amazing opportunity for a local actress to gain valuable professional experience in the panto and to start them off on their own glittering career.”
There were certainly several future stars at the Regent who were hoping to do just that.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 3 New state-of-the-art army attack helicopters undergo testing in Suffolk
- 4 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 5 Young driver crashes car just a week after passing
- 6 Harper and El Mizouni made available for loan
- 7 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 8 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 9 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 10 Bakinson's the 'mini Pogba' who has been a big hit on loan before and will now look to prove the doubters wrong
Lottie Hicks, 24, from Bramford, said: “There are usually no opportunities here. Normally you have to travel to London, so this is a great opportunity.
“Before, I did do the panto here when I was 11 and they held open auditions so it’s a big change that they now do that for adults.
“Maybe it will make people want to come and watch more when they have a local girl they can come to see.
“I hope it can bring about a bit of change, hopefully this will all be successful and they will do this more often.”
After yesterday’s audition, the most talented will be given a call back today before the lucky winner is announced.
Hoping to make the cut was Kesgrave’s Anna Watson, 21, a regular at the Regent as a young actor – including roles in Jesus Christ Superstar and Pinocchio.
If she gets the part, she will be back performing at the venue for the first time in five years.
Anna said: “It would be fantastic to come back and to perform somewhere where my family can just pop round the corner.
“They would have no excuse about not coming to see me then!”
Enchanted Entertainment will be bringing 28 performances of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs to the Regent Theatre from December 14 to January 2.