Volunteers sought for Suffolk hospice charity
- Credit: Archant
People are being encouraged to find out more about volunteering for a Bury St Edmunds-based charity at an open morning.
St Nicholas Hospice Care is looking for volunteers willing to help out at its donation centre, and will be holding an open morning for people to find out more about the roles available.
Anyone interested is invited to the open morning on Friday, August 10, which will take place from 10am-noon at the charity’s warehouse in Chapel Pond Hill, Bury St Edmunds.
Garry Marjoram, the charity’s warehouse manager, said: “We could really do with a few more volunteers to join the warehouse team. We are a busy team and we would really appreciate some extra help.
“There is a fun and friendly atmosphere. We’re a bit like a family, to be honest, everyone gets along and we enjoy what we do. You don’t need any particular skills, just a willingness to be part of the team and a smile always helps.”
You may also want to watch:
The donation centre is the hospice’s warehouse and homes many of the goods donated to the charity.
Before the donations make their way to the charity’s shops for sale they are sorted and organised, and in particular, volunteers are needed to help with this part of the process, which enables the hospice to make the most out of ever donation they receive.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
Throughout the morning, current volunteers will be on hand to share their experiences, along with members of the warehouse team.
People will also be able to tour the building and refreshments will be served.
Anyone interested in volunteering who cannot make the open morning can visit www.stnicholashospice.org.uk and search ‘volunteering’, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01284 731941.