Suffolk café launches picnic boxes and barbecue takeaways
- Credit: Archant
Treat yourself to a range of cakes, scones and savouries at home - without any cooking thanks to Nourish Cafe.
A popular café near Ipswich and Woodbridge has just launched delicious-looking picnic boxes for delivery, as well as a Friday night barbecue takeaway service.
Nourish Café in Newbourne, a relative newcomer to the dining scene, has been overwhelmed by the response to the boxes, with owner Tracey Ball saying initially they’d made them for a personal occasion, but after posting on social media, customers inundated her with requests.
The boxes, priced at £22 for one or £38.50 for two, include everything you need to have a lovely afternoon at home- from carefully wrapped sandwiches, to sweet and savoury scones, sausage rolls, and a variety of small cakes and cookies.
Three days’ notice is needed, with all boxes handmade fresh to order, delivering within a two-mile radius of Newbourne – but with collection available too.
You may also want to watch:
Tracey, who revealed the café is not eligible for a government grant, says: “We’ve diversified to support the local community during these uncertain times. Whilst we’re unable to operate as usual, we are now a village shop and bakery open Thursdays 9.30am to 2pm and Fridays 9.30am to 1pm. We also provide takeaway lunch and evening hot food on both days. Friday nights are takeaway barbecue nights –this is a new service. Evening menus are advertised on social media during the weekends for the following week and need to be ordered and paid for by Wednesday at midday. This is a collection-only service from Nourish. We miss our customers and hope that they are all safe and well, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.”
Celebration cakes can also be ordered with a week’s notice.
Find out more at the Nourish Café Facebook page.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 4 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 5 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 6 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 7 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 8 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision