Orford: Crown and Castle wins C�sar award from The Good Hotel Guide
A SUFFOLK hotel has scooped one of the top awards in the industry. The Crown and Castle, in Orford, run by TV’s Hotel Inspector, Ruth Watson, her husband David, and their partner, Tim Sunderland, has been handed a coveted C�sar award.
Described as ‘Oscars for the hotel industry’, the C�sar is given by The Good Hotel Guide to what it believes to be the top 10 hotels in the country.
The independent guide to hotels in Great Britain and Ireland names the Crown and Castle “Suffolk Inn of the Year” in the 2013 edition of the guide, published today.
Mrs Watson said she and the Crown and Castle team were “very excited and pleased” to receive the award.
She added: “It’s wonderful for the staff to have real validation for the work they do. They are all very thoughtful and care about the customers.
You may also want to watch:
“One of the reasons I stopped doing The Hotel Inspector is that there was a perception I was telling people I was perfect. We don’t for a second claim to be, but we do try our very best.”
Desmond Balmer, joint editor of the guide, said: “The Crown and Castle is a model of the kind of independently-owned hotel that the guide seeks out.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 7 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 8 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 9 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
“Inspectors and readers alike have told us this year about the cheerful service, the “regal pampering”, and the excellent cooking. “A joy to return to” and “every question answered with a smile” are typical comments.”
The Good Hotel Guide nominates 10 hotels every year for the C�sar award, named after celebrated hotelier C�sar Ritz, each considered to be outstanding in its own class.