Storm Dennis: Ipswich Town fans warned Orwell Bridge will close at 3pm today
- Credit: Archant
The Orwell Bridge is due to close by 3pm today due to high wind speeds.
Storm Dennis is bringing gusts of up to 60mph to the county, potentially causing further damage following Storm Ciara.
A Met Office yellow warning for wind is in place, which means some disruption to travel is likely and there could be some short-term loss of power.
Highways England said the winds are expected to break its thresholds by 3pm therefore the bridge will be shut by then.
They added the bridge will remain closed until about 7am tomorrow when wind speeds will decrease to below threshold levels.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich Town play Burton at home today meaning fans could face gridlock as they exit Portman Road after the final whistle.
The threshold for closing the Orwell Bridge is around 50mph.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon
- 10 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
A spokesman said: "We will monitor the wind speeds and close it as necessary.
"We will keep you informed of any further updates and changes to the closure/opening times as we receive further forecast updates."