Storm Dennis: The Orwell Bridge remains CLOSED
- Credit: SARAH LUCY BROWN
The Orwell Bridge is currently closed - and is due to remain shut until 9am today.
Storm Dennis has brought strong winds of up to 65mph and rain to the region, which has a yellow Met Office warning in place.
The bridge was closed by highways officials at 3pm yesterday as wind speeds were above the threshold of about 50mph.
READ MORE: Storm Dennis: Orwell Bridge CLOSED as strong winds hit SuffolkToday, Highways England has said they expect to reopen this stretch of the A14 at 9am.
They tweeted: "We are monitoring the wind speeds for the #OrwellBridge and expect to have it reopened by 0900hrs. We will keep you updated throughout the morning. Thank you for your patience."
READ MORE: Storm Dennis: Windspeeds set to hit 65mph overnight as storm intensifiesForecasters said wind speeds were expected to be between 50-60mph throughout last night, with a chance of gusts of up to 65mph during the morning.
As the heavier rain clears, the strong winds will also tail off into the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
A Met Office yellow warning for wind is in place, which means some disruption to travel is likely and there could be some short-term loss of power.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 9 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 10 Audi and Jaguar crash into central reservation on A12 at Copdock