Police were called to ‘distressed’ woman on the Orwell Bridge
- Credit: Archant
The Orwell Bridge was closed while police attended a woman in distress.
A police spokeswoman said they were called to reports of a distressed person on the bridge.
They added the woman is now safe and seeking treatment.
Drivers reported traffic chaos around A14 junction 56 (Wherstead Interchange) and an ambulance heading towards it.
Highways England tweeted that the carriageway from junction 56 to 57 had been stopped in both directions for "a police incident".
You may also want to watch:
All lanes are now open and there are no longer any traffic issues.
- 1 These are the neighbourhoods in Suffolk where Covid rates are still rising
- 2 Campaign against two more solar farms gathers strength in Suffolk villages
- 3 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 4 'I thought we were really good' - Lambert's assessment of dire 1-0 home loss to Peterborough
- 5 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 6 Matchday Recap: Town lose as McGuinness puts through his own net
- 7 Man who had sex with underage girl avoids prison
- 8 Ipswich Town 0-1 Peterborough United: Toothless Town beaten as McGuinness own goal settles it
- 9 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 10 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 home loss to Peterborough United