Orwell Bridge: Lorry causes chaos for commuters
HUNDREDS of commuters were late for work this morning, as a broken down lorry on the A14 had a knock-on effect for Ipswich’s road network.
The lorry came to a halt on the westbound carriageway between the Nacton and Wherstead Interchanges, at the Orwell Bridge shortly before 7.15am.
One lane was blocked causing traffic to build in the surrounding area.
As road users attempted to get to work, the crawling traffic caused chaos on a number of Ipswich’s roads including Felixstowe Road.
The situation was worsened by road works on that stretch of the road.
You may also want to watch:
The junction was completely cleared after by 8am.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp