Otley: College students donate gifts to hospital children
Students from Otley College spread festive cheer visiting the children’s ward at Ipswich Hospital bearing gifts.
The 11 youngsters, who are all studying on a Prince’s Trust programme, have been raising money for a number of charities.
The team, called Fusion, packed bags at local supermarkets, approached local businesses for gifts to donate and took part in a car boot sale to raise the funds.
Head of the project at Otley Tyrone Bradnam said: “We are committed to supporting the local community as much as we can.
“You could see how happy the children were and if we helped take their mind off their illness or injury for a second, then this makes it all the more worthwhile.”
You may also want to watch:
A hospital spokeswoman, added: “The presents are lovely and will bring a lot of joy for children in hospital this Christmas.”
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 8 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
- 9 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 10 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab