Oulton: Woman treated after gas leak at home

Firefighters have attened a gas leak

Firefighters have attened a gas leak - Credit: Archant

A woman has been treated by paramedics for “minor gas inhalation” after a gas leak at a home in Oulton.

Firefighters and the East of England Ambulance were called out about 9.40am this morning (Sunday) following reports of a gas leak at premises in Blackberry Way, Oulton.

Two crews from Lowestoft South were called to the scene, and a brigade spokesman said the ambulance service had called them to the scene after discovering “a strong smell of gas in the property.”

On arrival, firefighters reported a strong smell of gas and isolated the leak at the main gas meter. National Grid have been called to the scene to “confirm the property is safe.”

The brigade spokesman added: “The paramedics on scene treated the lady for minor gas inhalation,” with the crews back at base by 10.25am.”

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter