Out of control bonfire scorches conifers
FIREFIGHTERS were called to snuff out a bonfire which spread out of control.
Woodbridge based crews attended the blaze in Ufford after the alarm was raised at 3.18pm today.
The fire started as a bonfire burning garden waste spread to conifers at the Coach House, in Ufford Place.
Using one hose, firefighters were able to quell the flames before 3.45pm.
Earlier, in Lowestoft, and undergrowth fire was extinguished by a local fire crew. The small fire, involving a pile of rubbish, broke out at Pakefield Caravan Park, off Silverwood Close.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters this time used a water backpack and the flames were out in about 10 minutes.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 5 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 6 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 7 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown