Over 50s jobs fair to take place at West Suffolk College in Bury St Edmunds
Getting people aged over 50 back into work is the theme of a jobs fair being held at West Suffolk College in Bury St Edmunds.
Working in partnership with the Jobcentre, around 40 employers will showcase at the event to attract older talent to their companies.
Companies include BT Openreach, Aviva, Havebury, Waitrose, the East of England Co-op, Newmarket and Huntingdon racecourses, The Range, as well as representatives from Mildenhall and Lakenheath air bases.
The jobs fair will take place on Friday, May 11, from 10am-3pm, and BBC Radio Suffolk will be broadcasting live from the event.
Presenter James Hazell will be chatting to those searching for employment along with the Jobcentre, employers, and college staff.
Mr Hazell said: “We have become aware that there are inherent problems for jobseekers over the age of 50. This age group offers many things to an employer but can be all too often overlooked.
“It is our hope that by bringing together a wide range of assistance under one roof we will be able to address some of these issues and make a difference to the lives of those looking for employment.”
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 4 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
- 9 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking