Over-running engineering works caused disruption to rail services this morning
- Credit: Archant
Late running engineering works are causing residual delays to rail services in Suffolk and Essex this morning.
Trains between Marks Tey and Sudbury, Manningtree and Harwich Town, Ingatestone and Colchester and Ingatestone and Ipswich were all affected by the Network Rail delays.
Services between Witham and Braintree have also been affected by over-running works.
Disruption is expected to last until 9.30am as trains will be in the wrong place to run the planned schedule.
The line through Colchester re-opened at 8am.
You may also want to watch:
Several trains on the main line and branch routes, due to run before the line re-opened, were cancelled.
Rail operator Abellio Greater Anglia said the over-run had been caused by technical problems with the overnight work.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast