Pair arrested after failing to stop following collision with police in Colchester
Police in Essex have arrested two men after failure-to-stop collision where two police officers were injured.
The incident happened in Barrack Street, Colchester, at around 8.30pm on Wednesday.
A car had failed to stop for police officers, before it then became involved in a collision with three police cars.
An Essex Police spokesman said two officers were injured as a result – one suffering injuries to their wrist and hips while the other suffered cuts and bruises.
Shortly after, officers arrested two men – a 22-year-old man from Middlesex and a 24-year-old man from London, on suspicion of a string of offences.
The pair were arrested on suspicion of attempted GBH, possession with intent to supply drugs, dangerous driving, failing to stop at the scene of an accident and being concerned in the supply of drugs.
The pair currently remain in custody.
- 1 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 6 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 7 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia