Pair bailed in Bury St Edmunds assault investigation
Two men who were arrested in connection with an assault in Bury St Edmunds have been released on bail.
The incident happened on Wednesday at around 7.45pm in St Andrews Street South.
A man in his 40s was assaulted by two other men and taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital where he is being treated for head and spinal injuries.
Two men, aged 50 and 57 and both from Bury St Edmunds, were arrested on suspicion of assault causing grievous bodily harm.
They were taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
Both have now been released on bail until Wednesday, October 28 while enquiries are ongoing.
Investigating officers are linking the attack to an incident the same evening where a man in his 50s suffered a broken cheek bone when was assaulted at a pub in Guildhall Street.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 5 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 6 Body found in the River Orwell
- 7 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 8 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 9 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 10 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
Anyone who witnessed either attack or has any information should contact police on 101, quoting reference BU/15/2962, or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.