Pair charged after alleged stabbing near Buttermarket in Ipswich
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Two men arrested after an alleged stabbing near the Buttermarket in Ipswich on Friday night have been charged with serious assault.
Suffolk police officers were called to St Stephen’s Church Lane at around 10.45pm on Friday to reports that a man in his 20s had been stabbed.
Police put up a cordon while they carried out an investigation in the area.
Officers arrested two men on Friday night in relation to the incident.
This afternoon, police confirmed that 26-year-old Jamie Phillips and 18-year-old Ryan Page, both of Turret Lane in Ipswich, have been charged with grievous bodily harm.
You may also want to watch:
They have been remanded in custody and will appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court in Ipswich tomorrow.
The victim suffered a number of stab wounds to his arms and legs that required medical attention, but his injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 8 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Match Ratings: How Town players performed against Wednesday