Pair given oxygen after house fire

TWO people were treated for the effects of breathing in smoke after a fire broke out their home last night.

James Mortlock

TWO people were treated for the effects of breathing in smoke after a fire broke out their home last night.

Three fire crews, one from Mildenhall and two from Soham, tackled the house fire in Dane Hill, Kennett, near Mildenhall, which broke out in the oak surround of an inglenook fireplace.

A fire service spokesman said the fire started at just after 9pm and crews were at the house by 9.30pm. The flames were brought under control within a few minutes but one crew continued to check for any hot spots in the chimney into the night.


You may also want to watch:


The spokesman said the two people who breathed in smoke were given oxygen therapy by fire-fighters at the scene.

Fire crews from Thetford wore breathing gear to tackle a house fire in the town's Gloucester Way this morning. The fire, which started in a bedroom, was dealt with in under half an hour by two engines from Thetford. No-one was thought to have been harmed.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus