Pair’s gruelling 100-mile charity bike challenge
- Credit: Su Anderson
Two long-serving employees at an Ipswich print firm are saddling up for charity.
Keith Everitt and Andy Clarke, who work at Ancient House Press in Hadleigh Road, are taking part in the prestigious Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100 mile bike ride in August in aid of Action Medical Research.
Production manager Mr Everitt, 52, who has worked for the firm for 32 years, said the pair have been busy training for their gruelling challenge which will see them start at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, head out into the Surrey Hills and finish on The Mall.
He said: “Andy and I have completed a couple of 100 mile bike rides together but this will provide us with our toughest challenge yet. We’re aiming to complete it in six hours or less.”
So far, the duo have raised £875 of their £1,000 target.
You may also want to watch:
Operations manager Mr Clarke, 44, who has been with Ancient House Press for 12 years, added: “We would like to thank all the companies including our main sponsor Ancient House Press as well as Bolton’s Recycling, BlockFoil, Consensus Guillotine Engineering, NJC Electrical and BFS Press Room Solutions, that have supported us in our challenge for a very worthwhile cause.”
Alison Berry, joint managing director of Ancient House Press, said: “We are always happy to support our staff, particularly when they are raising funds for such a worthy cause.”
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 6 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 7 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 8 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 9 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 10 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
Action Medical Research helps fund medical research into conditions affecting babies and children.
Visit www.action.org.uk/sponsor/andyandkeithahp to donate.