Pair taken to hospital after house fire
TWO people were taken to hospital following a fire at a home in Ipswich in the early hours of this morning.
Two fire engines were called to a semi-detached property in Shakespeare Road at 1.44am.
On arrival they discovered a blaze in a kitchen and one man a woman suffering from the effects of smoke.
Crews wore two sets of breathing apparatus and used one hose reel jet to fight the flames.
The fire was extinguished at 2.15am and both casualties were taken to hospital by ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters were also called to a kitchen blaze at a home in Stowmarket at 1.46am today.
Two fire engines were sent to a home in Cherry Tree Lane to tackle a small fire in a kitchen.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 4 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 7 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 8 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 9 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 10 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
Crews used one hose reel jet. One man, aged around 40, was removed from the property. The fire was put out at 2.17am.
In another incident, fire fighters extinguished a car blaze in Clapgate Lane in Ipswich.
Crews were called to the junction with Wye Road at 4.19am. The blaze was put out at 4.30am.