Paramedics treat pair after house blaze

TWO people had to be treated by paramedics following a house fire tonight.

TWO people had to be treated by paramedics following a house fire tonight.

A 63-year-old woman and a second person were left suffering from smoke inhalation after fire broke out at the property in Selsey Avenue in Clacton.

The blaze, which started shortly after 7.30pm, is believed to have been triggered by a chip pan overheating in the kitchen. On arrival at the scene, fire crews reported the whole of the ground floor was heavily smoke logged.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a dry powder extinguisher to deal with the incident by 7.56pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus